- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Start route planner
- Job description
Share this job|
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,800 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc. is the production company of the US AKG Group, with two production sites in Mebane, North Carolina, and Mitchell, South Dakota. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Read and understand detailed work order instructions and blueprints.
- Move the tank from outside of the welding booth onto the turntable.
- Operate welding equipment by foot pedal to regulate current/voltage, and to weld end walls and other pieces onto the tank.
- Document and stamp the tank when the welding process is finished.
- Manually, or with assistance of a chain hoist, move the tank from the turntable to outside of the welding booth.
- Meet the production quotas received from the Lead or Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Report any issues to the Supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
- Reports to: Supervisor
- Completion of a formal trade school program with a welding concentration, apprenticeship program and/or on-the-job training by Welders at AKG North American Operations, Inc.
- Ability to read and understand detailed blueprint instructions.
- Must be able to use a wire barrel and the welding equipment.
- Experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment is preferred.
- Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to sit (95%) and walk (5%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (30%) of the time.
- Must wear safety equipment PPE such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses and gloves.
- As available