- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Start route planner
- Job description
Share this job|
Shipping Receiving Clerk (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,500 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc. is the production company of the US AKG Group, with two production sites in Mebane, North Carolina, and Mitchell, South Dakota. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Package and ship freight from AKG facility to previously determined location.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Read and understand detailed order information on the Bill of Lading and Packaging List.
- Locate the freight needed for shipment, and use the Bill of Lading to match order information with the labels on the cooling packages.
- Determine how much packaging needs to be done for each shipment. Wrap and tighten the bands, using padding where needed, to secure the cooling package as specified in the packaging instructions.
- Crate the cooling packages as specified in the packaging instructions. Build wooden crates when more are needed.
- Make sure freight is packaged appropriately and securely before being shipped to the customer. If defect is found in this inspection of the freight, notify Supervisor or Quality department immediately.
- Verify that the inventory on each skid matches the amount for the shipment.
- Ensure that all freight needed for shipment is loaded on the appropriate truck that arrives to the Shipping department.
- Perform a daily inspection on the trailer and forklift prior to use.
- Make sure the truck drivers sign that the freight has been received, give the signed documents to the Shipping Coordinators.
- Listen and communicate with the truck drivers, develop and maintain positive relationships with the customers.
- Assist the truck drivers, as needed, in faxing the invoices to the freight’s destination.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of which cooling packages require banding and wrapping.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
- Reports to: Supervisor
- Experience in a manufacturing/warehouse shipping environment is preferred.
- Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift. This is a 1st shift position, hours of operation are 8am-5pm (hours vary depending on need), Monday through Friday.
- Ability to use basic computer programs.
- Ability to use a forklift, and has a current forklift certification.
- Must have basic mathematic skills, along with the ability to use and understand measuring tools.
- Must have basic carpentry skills.
- Must be able to sit (50%) and stand (50%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (15%) of the time.
- Must be able to use the Shrinkfast Heat Gun and the Wrapping Machine.
- Must wear safety equipment PPE such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses and gloves.
- As available