- USA - Mitchell, S.D. 57301
- Start route planner
- Job description
Share this job|
Plant Manager (f/m)
Tradition und Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 3.000 employees at 14 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc., is the production company of the US-AKG-group, with two production sites, Mitchell, South Dakota and Mebane, North Carolina. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
The Plant Manager reports directly to the Managing Director Operations of the Global Board.
Tasks and Responsibilities
This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring reliable and effective operation results.
In this position the plant manager is liaison between Operations, Finance, HR, Purchasing, Sales, and IT. The position contributes to the short and long term development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees production with production planning and control, quality, logistics, maintenance, and EHS
- Secures production targets (timing, quality, quantity) and cost-efficient manufacturing by lean management structures and transparent processes
- Implements improvements into the operational processes (continuous improvement processes, lean manufacturing, 5S, …)
- Leads and trains staff and supervisors
- Manages and increases the effectiveness, of support services (HR, IT and Finance) through coordination of communication between support and manufacturing functions
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, and cost. Plans and realizes investments
- Responsible for all compliance matters, incl. OSHA
- Reports all essential development and KPIs to Global Board
- Close cooperation with operations and engineering departments in the US companies and Hofgeismar (headquarters)
- Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering; MBA as an advantage
- Proven Knowledge of plant management or production management
- In-depth experience in manufacturing
- Commitment to constant process improvement, and results
- Fluency in English; Spanish an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in leading and managing staff groups as well as major projects or initiatives
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Delegates responsibilities effectively
- Willing to travel within US and beyond from time to time
- Q3 2023
Global Human Resources
Am Hohlen Weg 31
D - 34369 Hofgeismar
Phone: 0049 (0) 5671 883 - 0