- USA - Mitchell, S.D. 57301
- Start route planner
- Job description
Share this job|
HR Manager (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,800 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc. is the production company of the US AKG Group, with two production sites in Mebane, North Carolina, and Mitchell, South Dakota. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting HR staff and the ongoing development of the HR staff.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides leadership for Human Resources strategic planning.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the company website, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and the employee Intranet, Facebook, newsletters, and so forth.
- Coordinates all Human Resources training programs, and assigns the authority/responsibility of Human Resources and managers within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conducts periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them. Makes certain that the managers know how to successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with employees.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment. Verifies payroll information and time keeping practices.
- Recommends change in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Minimizes risk.
- Designs, directs, and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Member of the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes personnel labor costs, employee recognition and community events.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and employee rights.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Keeps the VP and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources / Business Administration or related field (preferred)
- Active professional HR certification from and accredited HR organization (i.e. SHRM)
- Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with human resources information system (HRIS)
- Previous Manufacturing experience a plus
- As available