- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Start route planner
- Job description
Share this job|
Design Engineer (f/m/d)
Tradition und Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 3.000 employees at 14 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc., is the production company of the US-AKG-group, with two production sites, Mitchell, South Dakota and Mebane, North Carolina. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Design Engineering, this position is to provide focused design and strategy for the development and implementation of standard products. This position will strengthen the design group regionally and globally.
Tasks and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for developing 3-D concept model, in consultation with Application Engineer
- Analyze application requirements and evaluate and recommend design solutions
- Detailed design calculations – belts, component selections, bolts, bearings, isolators, etc.
- Follows all AKG modeling and design standards
- Familiar with industry standards
- Works with minimal supervision
- Coordinate with AKG Purchasing and outside fabricators to ensure all designs can be manufactured in a cost-effective manner
- Interact with vendors to select and specify optimum components
- Effectively communicate with fellow Design Group members
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or substantial demonstrative experience in Progressive Design Engineering
- Experience with SolidEdge (preferred) or SolidWorks
- High mechanical aptitude
- A keen interest in “hands-on” engineering and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with proven ability to organize complex technical data in a format for management and other departments to understand
- Excellent organization and computer skills
- Experience or background in automotive or heavy equipment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert technical knowledge in design and creation
- Excellent communication abilities, including outstanding written, articulation and listening skills
- Highly adept at strategic schedule and calendar management
- Experienced and creative problem solver
- Strong relationship management experience and skill
- Exceptional organizational skills with close attention to detail
- Strong technical skills, expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong ability to prioritize and make independent decisions regarding the priorities; ability to apply and provide context, giving direction with strong understanding of the big picture
- Commitment to the AKG’s Corporate Principles
- Must be able to sit (90%) and stand (10%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn
- Must use safety equipment such as steel toe shoes and safety glasses when walking in the plant. Safety glasses are provided
- As available